Tuesday, September 02, 2014

A big summer (in Instagrams)


 It was a big summer for the Shanks!

June 

We traveled to France, Spain, and Italy with 17 SLCA students.
The packing begins!  Andrew has LOTS of books.
Baby Shank will be joining us in January!

July
Our *amazing*  Life Group help us load the U-haul that carried all of our things to a storage unit in Hilton Head.
We have WAY too much stuff :(  As we loaded, I found myself making mental vows to reduce future clutter and unnecessary items: "One thing in, one thing out," or "Give one thing away everyday."  We will see if this actually happens.
My last Cross Country event was our 3 day summer camp in Hendersonville, NC.
After 7 years of coaching, it is hard to imagine a fall without crunchy leaves and running through Latta Plantation.  So many of these students have impacted my heart and my life for always.
 We said goodbye to family and friends in Charlotte, including my sweet niece and nephew: Dakota and Cheyenne.

August

Andrew arrived in Hilton Head to begin work in July, and I joined in August.   It is hard to believe that we live in a place that most people come to vacation.  We both find it a little ironic to be living at the beach, since the place we most love is the mountains of Virginia.
Roomies!  We stayed with Tim and Stephanie Pitzer for 2 weeks
while we waited for our new place to open up. 
Visit with the Vickerys!  Some sweet Charlotte friends happened to be in Hilton Head with their family.  We hope to see lots more Charlotte friends soon!  (Note: please take that as a hint to come visit us!!)
We are finally moved in to our new place.  Every thing is unpacked and decorated.
And no home is complete without a kitty (Jemimah Butterworth)!!  We adopted her from the Humane Society.
During a short trip back to Charlotte, Christina and Camilla helped me register for baby items!  I am thankful to have sweet friends who have just recently had babies and can point me in the right direction.
It's a girl!!!  In a family full of boys, Shank girls are rare.
We are keeping the name a secret for now, but I can't wait to share!!!
 I am thankful to be making new friends in Hilton Head, especially friends who run!!!!

No comments: